At about seven AM our house alarm went off. The homeowner was called. He called the person watching our house at the time, she reported that there was no break in that she knew of and started to check the doors and windows. The homeowner then called the alarm company and said that it was a false alarm. The cops arrived on the scene almost immediately. The dog was outside and the person at the house was on the other side of the house checking the basement door. Rectangle (our dog) ran toward the policemen on our porch. Possibly barking (noone has seen a police report. One of the officers pulled his gun and fired at him point blank. FOUR TIMES. Luckily, he was only shot twice and will hopefully recover after surgery.
The homeowner talked to the Police Sergeant and he confirmed that they knew it was a false alarm. The officers on the scene left before anyone who lives there arrived. The Sergeant said that this behavior was protocol. My roomate is left with a costly vet bill and no explanation for what happened.
I am unsure what the next step should be for us and hoped Reddit might have some insight? Does this really just happen?
This is my boyfriend’s two year old Staffordshire Shepherd and four rounds were fired at him this morning. Luckily, two of them missed. Of the other two, one bounced off the top of his head and the other went into his shoulder. He had to have surgery and now my boyfriend is fronting a bill that he’s not sure how he got into.
Please spread word of this!
(via kidgloves)Posted on 21 June 2012
- terrylynncampbell reblogged this from getwronged and added:
- hellomrrabbit likes this
- deepsighs likes this
- lesliedill reblogged this from kidgloves and added:
- gratziella reblogged this from getwronged
- kidgloves reblogged this from getwronged
- carmeljam reblogged this from 69kittykate69 and added:
- oldschoolrecess reblogged this from ohhoe and added:
- 69kittykate69 reblogged this from getwronged and added:
- ohhoe reblogged this from getwronged
- russe11m said: Might want to nix all this until the owner talks to a lawyer.
- getwronged posted this